Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get an application?

You may download an application here or call us at 410-819- 3780 if you do not have internet access.

Where do I send the application?

You may mail the application to MES License Plates,                                                            PO Box 973, Easton, MD 21601.                                                                                                               Who do I make the check out to? “MES License Plate”

Where do I sign the application?

Please sign where it states “Owner’s Signature” or “Co-Owners Signature” if applicable. The “Owner” will become the Organizational Member listed.

Should I wait for registration to renew?

No need to wait. There is NO additional cost to wait. The MO and YR stickers will reflect exactly the same as your existing plates and will ship with your new MES Crab Plate.

Has my plate been sent yet?

We are a volunteer organization. We routinely collect all applications bi-weekly, process, sign and then mail to the MVA for delivery. Typically from the time we receive your check to the time you receive your plates, stickers, and new registration is approximately 4-6 weeks. Please allow four weeks prior to calling.

Can I get personalized plates?

No, sorry, plates only have four numbers (no letters) and are issued consecutively.

How much can I deduct as a Charitable Donation?

$25 of the $50 goes towards the “Building Dreams for Youth Foundation.”

Where can I go to find out more about this Organization?

You may visit the home of Maryland’s Eastern Shore license plates and the organizations we help by visiting

Do I have to pay extra each year?

No. The $50 fee is a one-time fee and donation. $25 goes to the MVA and $25 goes to the “Building Dreams for Youth” Foundation. You may donate additional funds or volunteer for the Building Dreams for Youth Foundation by calling 410-819- 3780 or visiting We would welcome your help!

I lost my plate, can you send me one?

Please contact the MVA for instructions as to how to proceed. Please mention they are “MES Organizational” License Plates.

I am transferring my MES Crab plates to another vehicle. According to the MVA I need a written letter on letterhead to transfer my plates. Can you help?

Yes, we can. Please send your MES plate number and the following
information for the old car and the new car by email to [email protected]: Full Name of owner, address, VIN number, vehicle make, model & year. We will return a letter to provide to the MVA.
Note: Transfers can only be made to self or immediate family members (spouse or children.)

Can I purchase a crab plate?

We are sorry but we can’t expedite. Go to your local MVA and renew as normal. This will provide you with plenty of time to apply for your new MES Crab plate!

I bought a new car and have temp tags that are about to run out, can I purchase a crab plate?

Again, we are sorry, but we can’t expedite. Go to your local MVA and renew as normal. This will provide you with plenty of time to apply for your new MES Crab plate!

**Please be aware that when you apply for MES Crab Plates you must have hard plates already registered to your vehicle, the MVA will not accept temp tags. Permanent tags ONLY**